Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let The Fun Begin

One box showed up at work on the fifth, the other the sixth of January. So many guys at wok wanted me to open it up, I told them no way, as this is as much a family affair as it is my dream and none of those people are “The Woman Who Lets Me Live With Her”
My lovely wife Dora took this photo.


Inventory took place over the next few days and everything was there.

 


It’s hard to tell, but what I did in this photo is put metal tape on the angle stock to mark the cut lines and hole locations. I set my dial caliper to the required dimension then drag it along the edge I am measuring from. This makes a thinner “mark”, as a “line” has no width. Accuracy is lost every time a measurement is transferred from a ruler by hand. Marks made in this manner can easily be highlighted by marking with a sharpie and rubbing off as much ink while still wet. Final sizing is done to the edge of the mark, this usually leaves parts a little fat.

12 Jan 11 Fwd and aft horizontal stab drilled with HS 908 attach angles fabricated and fitted.


13 Jan 11 Drilled HS 912 hinges, prepped H.S. main and nose ribs.

14 Jan 11 Clecoed together, getting ready to size holes.

Here my son, Henrique, and I are taking a break from me getting my a$$ kicked by him on Halo Reach. I have no doubt that he will be able to handle a glass panel, judging by his video gaming skills. It is truly amazing his ability to process all the information displayed in battle for the top half for his screen, and the bottom half for my information as well. He knows where I am by what I see. Invisibility doesn’t help. When I see my head in his screen…… .
Photo once again by Dora, check out her cool photos here.

http://dora-miller.artistwebsites.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment